ALAN COOK TRAVEL SERVICES LTD
1. Your Personal Data – What Is It?
Personal data refers to information about a living individual, who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The data controller is the person or organisation who determines the how and what of data processing. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the GDPR). ‘Processing’ refers to anything done with/to personal data, including storing it.
2. Who Are We?
Alan Cook Travel Services Ltd is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
3. How Do We Process Your Personal Data?
Alan Cook Travel Services Ltdcomplies with its obligations under the GDPR by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes: –
• To enable Alan Cook Travel Services Ltd to organize and host a wide variety of activities and events, for instance meetings, seminars and retreats and ensuring these are relevant and specifically tailored to those we are in contact with.
• To inform you of news, events and activities related to Alan Cook Travel Services Ltd, for instance book launches.
4. Storing Your Personal Data
Alan Cook Travel Services Ltd has a duty to ensure your information is kept safe. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. We only allow people who work for us and need to know your personal data to see it and these individuals will be continuing regular training on how important it is to keep your personal information private and safe. Keeping your information private is very important to us and we have rules to make sure that no-one shares your information in the wrong way. Our security technology is updated and tested regularly and we use strict procedures and security features with the aim of preventing unauthorised access.
6. Sharing Your Personal Data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with those who work for Alan Cook Travel Services Ltd, to carry out activities solely related to the organisation. We will only share your data with third parties outside of Alan Cook Travel Services Ltd with your consent. We will share your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our congregation, or others.
7. How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Data?
Should you choose to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data, we will delete it immediately and we will not contact you again in the future.
8. Your Rights and Your Personal Data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: –
• The right to request a copy of your personal data held by Alan Cook Travel Services Ltd about you;
• The right to request that Alan Cook Travel Services Ltd corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
• The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for Alan Cook Travel Services Ltd to retain such data;
• The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time;
• The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these sites have their own privacy policies and notices and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for them. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
9. Further Processing
Over time, the way we look after your information may change and, if it does, inevitably this document will change too. If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose that is not covered by this Data Privacy Notice, then we will make the new notice available on our website, explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. You should check our site regularly to see the newest document that is being used and any changes that have been made. The information about how we collect, use, share, save and keep your personal information private in the newest (changed) document will take the place of any in the old documents.
10. Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact:
Alan Cook Travel Services Ltd,
11 Shenley Road,
Email: [email protected]
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.